MCPER provides the external evaluation for the National Center on Intensive Intervention (NCII). The mission of NCII is to build the knowledge and capacity of state and local leaders, faculty, professional development providers, educators, and other stakeholders to support implementation of intensive intervention for students with severe and persistent learning, social, emotional, and/or behavioral needs using data-based individualization (DBI). NCII’s third round of funding was launched in October 2021.
Outcomes of Interest
NCII’s long-term objectives are increasing capacity at the state and local level to
- access and provide professional development on DBI implementation,
- support schools and educators to implement DBI and improve student outcomes,
- coordinate existing resources to implement and sustain DBI systems,
- include DBI in initiatives and policies, and
- address issues related to local or national crises, prioritizing DBI as a mechanism to accelerate learning.
NCII also works to increase dissemination of lessons learned to inform future DBI implementation.