Research Projects and Grants
- Research and Development Center on Learning Disabilities (LD Center Core B, C, & P1), National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, 2011-2016, $4,691,587
- Technical Assistance and Dissemination to Improve Services and Results for Children with Disabilities – Model Demonstration Projects for English Learners With or At Risk of Having a Disability (Elite), Office of Special Education Projects, 2012-2015, $1,600,000
- Communities in Schools (CIS), Texas Education Agency, 2010-2012, $100,000
- Preventing School Dropout with Secondary Students: The Implementation of an Individualized Reading Intervention and Dropout Prevention Intervention (Secondary), Institute of Education Sciences, 2010-2014, $2,017,289
- End of Course Examinations (EoC), Texas Education Agency, 2009-2013, $967,270
- Texas Center for Learning Disabilities (Core C), Texas Education Agency, 2008-2012, $775,036
Boards, Committees, and Associations
- National Planning Committee, National Summit for Response to Intervention
- Board of Directors, Vaughn Gross Center for Reading and Language Arts
- Board of Directors, Capital School of Austin
- Member, American Educational Research Association, American Evaluation Association, American Psychological Association, Society for Research on Educational Effectivenes
- Roberts, G., Fletcher, J. M., Stuebing, K. K., Barth, A. E., Vaughn, S. (2013). Treatment effects for adolescent struggling readers: An application of moderated mediation, Learning and Individual Differences, 23, 10-21. doi: 10.1016/j.lindif.2012.09.008.
- Wanzek, J., & Roberts, G. (2012). Reading interventions with varying instructional emphases for fourth graders with reading difficulties. Learning Disabilities Quarterly, 35(2), 90-101. doi: 10.1177/0731948711434047.
- Vaughn, S., Klingner, J. K., Swanson, E. A., Boardman, A. G., Roberts, G., Mohammed, S. S., & Stillman-Spisak, S. J. (2011). Efficacy of collaborative strategic reading with middle school students. American Educational Research Journal, 48(4), 938–964. doi:10.3102/0002831211410305
- Fall, A.-M., & Roberts, G. (2011). High school dropouts: Interactions between the social context, self perceptions, and school engagement. Journal of Adolescence. Advanced online publication. doi: 10.1016/j.adolescence.2011.11.004.
- Bryant, D. P., Bryant, B. R., Roberts, G., Vaughn, S., Hughes Pfannenstiel, K., Porterfield, J., & Gersten, R. (2011). Early numeracy intervention program for first-grade students with mathematics difficulties. Exceptional Children, 78(1), 7-23., 297–324.
- Roberts, G., & Bryant, D. P. (2011). Early mathematics achievement trajectories: English language learner and native English speaker estimates using the early childhood longitudinal survey. Developmental Psychology, 47(4), 916-930.